Article 1 – Definitions
In this terms and conditions, the following are defined as follows:
Entrepreneur/24editor: 24editor vof the natural or legal entity offering services, (access to) digital content and/or remote services to the consumer; is an online review and translation service for students, applicants and businesses.
Client: Natural or legal entity who enters into an agreement with 24editor.
Agreement: Arrangement between the client and 24editor to carry out the order of the client.
Editor: Natural entity who is employed by 24editor to carry out the order received from the client.
Agreement: An arrangement whereby the client acquires digital content and/or services in relation to a distance contract and these matters, digital content and/or services are delivered by the entrepreneur or by a third party based on an agreement between that third party and the entrepreneur.
Reviewing: Reviewing a text file’s language use (spelling, grammar, style, structure, punctuation).
Term: The term within which the document is reviewed/translated.
Editing: Reviewing a text file’s language and structure.
Structure: The relationship between sentences and paragraphs.
Translation: Converting a text into a different language, taking into account the associated language rules.
Day: Calendar day.
Durable Medium: Each device – also including email – that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is directed to him personally, in a way that makes future referencing or use during a period of time adequate to the goal for which the information is intended, and makes unchanged reproduction of the stored information possible.
Article 2 – Identity of the entrepreneur
Halvemaansteeg 9 2, 1017 CR Amsterdam
Telephone: +31 (0)20 – 890 0 231
Commercial Register: 61970255
VAT Identification Number: NL854572661b01
Article 3 – Applicability
- These terms and conditions apply to every offer and every agreement that is concluded between 24editor and a client.
- Before the agreement is concluded, the text of these terms and conditions are made available to the consumer. These must be accepted prior to accepting the agreement.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these terms and conditions, the second and third paragraph shall apply mutatis mutandis and the consumer can always rely on the applicable provision that is most favorable to him in case of conflicting terms.
Article 4 – The Offer
- If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the digital content and/or services that are offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow for a proper assessment of the offer by the client. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that makes it clear to the client what the rights and obligations are that are associated with the acceptance of the offer.
Article 5 – The Agreement
- The agreement has been concluded when the client has accepted the offer. The agreement is binding at the moment the client has accepted the offer by completing the upload process.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur shall immediately electronically confirm the receipt of the acceptance of the offer. Until receipt of this acceptance has been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer may rescind the agreement.
- Upon entering into an agreement, the client agrees that 24editor will immediately forward the order to the editor.
Article 6 – Warranty
24editor strives to offer the highest possible quality of services. The editors who are members of 24editor will review/translate/rewrite the documents at all times to the best of its abilities. However, because reviewing, translating and rewriting is human work, it may happen that editors overlook errors. 24editor can therefore not guarantee a 100% error-free text.
Article 7 – Changes to the Agreement
- 24editor reserves the right to amend or supplement the agreement in consultation with the client, when it appears during the implementation of the order that a proper execution of it is obstructed.
- 24editor reserves the right not to honor the request to make changes and to cancel the agreement when in case of the above paragraph a compromise was not reached.
Article 8 – Cancellation of the Agreement
- 24editor at all times reserves the right to cancel the concluded agreement unilaterally. For example, when the order can not be carried out (within the given term) due to force majeure or when the document does not meet the basic quality standards. The assessment of the quality will be done by 24editor and the editor. In such a case the completed payment by the client will be refunded to his account within 72 hours.
- If the contract is cancelled, this will be communicated to the client as soon as possible.
Article 9 – Applicable Law
All agreements concluded between the client and 24editor are exclusively subject to Dutch law. Even if the order is offered or carried out abroad or the client resides in a country other than the Netherlands.
Article 10 – Term
- Upon the conclusion of any agreement, a term is established. This term is indicated by the client during the upload process.
- The term will start at the time the payment is received, unless paragraph 3 applies.
- If the submission is completed after 12 AM, the term will start at 8 AM.
- 24editor does not rule out that a deadline may not be met due to force majeure and thus the document will be submitted by the editor after exceeding the term. 24editor can never be held liability for this.
- If it appears that the deadline in case of paragraph 4 is not likely to be met, the client will be notified as soon as possible.
Article 11 – The Price
- During the period mentioned in the offer, the prices of the services offered will not be increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- 24editor at all times reserves the right to change its rates. The agreements that have already been concluded will at all times be provided at the rate indicated.
- The review service for students is exempt from VAT.
- The translation service for students is exempt from VAT.
- The review and translation services for applicants and businesses are including VAT.
- The rewrite service for applicants is including VAT.
- The plagiarism check is including VAT.
Article 12 – Privacy
- 24editor will only share its customer base with the editor.
- The editor of 24editor is obliged to immediately remove the submitted documents from his/her laptop after the document has been reviewed and sent to the client.
- Editors who are members of 24editor have a confidentiality obligation to all documents sent to them.
- 24editor stores all submitted documents in the database. After one year those documents are removed.
Article 13 – Liability
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, after the agreement was unilaterally canceled by 24editor.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, due to incorrect or incomplete information given by the client.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, in case of a loss of documents from the database.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, if the deadline can not be met due to force majeure.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, due to the results of the plagiarism scan.
- 24editor can never be held liable for the obtained grade related to the submitted document.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages, in the broadest sense of the word, upon not passing/receiving a course/assignment/exam/diploma.
- 24editor can never be held liable for any damages or delays, in the broadest sense of the word, arising from the document that has been reviewed, translated and/or rewritten.